August 10, 2021

My #pb10for10 - Picture Books with a Surprise Ending

I’m thrilled to be joining the #pb10for10 fun again this year!  Many thanks to the wonderful hosts: Cathy Mere (Reflect and Refine) and Mandy Robeck (Enjoy and Embrace Learning).  I enjoy the challenge of creating a meaningful list for myself and others, as well as reading all the wonderful lists posted by the community.  

My past #pb10for10 book collections are:

I love picture books with surprise endings!  As a school librarian, I especially love to read aloud picture books with a surprise ending.  As I turn the final page, the unexpected looks on my student's faces are priceless!!!  

1.  That is NOT a Good Idea! by Mo Willems




2.  Guess Again! by Mac Barnett




3.  Spencer's New Pet by Jessie Sima



4.  I just Ate My Friend by Heidi McKinnon



5.  The Rock That Fell From the Sky by Jon Klassen



6.  A Hungry Lion and a Dwindling Assortment of Other Animals by Lucy Ruth Cummins



7.  Poor Little Guy by Elanna Allen



8.  A Bear Ate Your Sandwich by 



9.  My Cat Looks Like my Dad by Thao Lam



10.  After the Fall by Dan Santat


3 comments:

  1. I also love those surprise moments! I would add Milo Imagines the World and Surf's Up! Thanks for this list - I just ate my pet is a new one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea and have The Rock from the Sky! What a book! I noted some of the others, new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, what a great idea to make a collection around surprise endings! These are delightful. What a smart way to start a conversation around endings with learners. Thanks for joining the conversation again. I always look forward to your lists! Have a great school year.

    ReplyDelete