September 6, 2018

#mustreadin2018 fall update


This is my #mustreadin2018 fall update.  I love participating in this reading challenge hosted by Carrie Gelson of There's a Book for That because it connects me with a community of readers and encourages me to read newly released books to share with my students.  In January, I created my #mustreadin2018 reading goals.  As a reminder, here they are:



So far, I've read (or I'm currently reading) almost all of the newly released titles on my list  - plus some additional new titles!  To see the #mustreadin2018 books that I read from January to April, click here.   I'll be back in December for a final reading update.  For now, below are my lists of the new picture books and chapters books that I've read in 2018 since April:

Picture Books I Read - #mustreadin2018



LOVE this sequel to Triangle and look forward to Circle (released date 3/5/19).




Kids will enjoy the fun fairy tale references.



A must read for Hour of Code week.






Beautiful story and beautiful illustrations.











Stunning illustrations!  This is a strong Caldecott contender.





Gorgeous illustrations - another Calecott contender!




This hilarious book is one of my 2018 favs.  It was a great back-to-school read aloud.










Another fun Mr. Panda book.  My students love it!


Beautiful message of acceptance.  Another good back-to-school read aloud.




Love this new edition to Jess Keating's The World of Weird Animals.  



Finally a new David book!







Chapter Books I Read - #mustreadin2018


If you love Rick Riordan books, this is a must read!









The book's unique format includes text messages, comics, poems, and letters.  





This is my FAVORITE book of 2019!  I highly recommend it and can't wait for the sequel.







Chapter Books I'm Currently in the Process of Reading - #mustreadin2018





1 comment:

  1. LOVE all of the picture books - some I need to source. Breakout is an unread book on my list - can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete