I love the “one little word” movement. It’s the closest thing I get to making a new year’s resolution. Last year, my one word was POSITIVE. I can honestly say that it shaped my 2016 year. I’m in a different place at the end of this year than I was at the end of last year.
For 2017, my one little word is CATALYST. I’m in a new school within a new district, so I’m attempting to make my mark as the school’s new teacher librarian. So far, I’ve redesigned the library and introduced the staff, students, and parents to a school-wide cardboard challenge and hour of code. For the remainder of the school year, I’ll continue my work as a catalyst for growth with the following:
- I want to be a catalyst for new thinking and learning with the start of the school’s makerspace.
- I want to be a catalyst for innovative ways to integrate technology and social media in the classroom for both staff and students.
- I want to be a catalyst for increased access to books with a little free library for the school.
- I want to be a catalyst for increased participation in summer reading with my unique and creative ways to promote reading over the summer months.
- I want to a catalyst for participation in growth mindset for both staff and students.
A new job brings new opportunities, new opportunities to influence change. I’m excited for the new year ahead and ready to act as a catalyst.