April 11, 2016

Happy 1st Birthday To My Blog!


On this day last year, I posted my first entry on my ‘Page Turning Librarian’ blog.  It was about the Little Free Library my family installed in our Hilliard neighborhood.  I’m please to see that both my blog and our Little Free Library continue to thrive and increasingly serve many.

The Little Free Library in our neighborhood has inspired more libraries over the year.  Originally dedicated to the memory of my father who gave thirty years of community service, he’d be pleased by the sense of community it has brought to our neighborhood.  He’d be even more proud to see this one Little Free Library grow to many more for the children of Hilliard.  Last fall, Hilliard’s Superintendent Dr. John Marschhausen granted my wish to install a Little Free Library at all fourteen elementary schools in the Hilliard City School District.  So far, a Little Free Library has been installed at both of my elementary buildings with plans for more to be installed in the next few months.  

My ‘Page Turning Librarian’ blog continues to grow strong and I have new plans for it in the future.  With an audience from ten countries worldwide, so far my blog has had over 3,500 hits - not bad for it’s first year!  With posts about my Buckeye Book Award Reading Challenge, book reviews, reading recommendations, and seasonal book lists, I’ve had quite a lot to say over the year.  While I’ll continue to create posts along these same lines, I’d also like to do more entries about:
  • My continuing work with Little Free Libraries (look for my tips to run a successful library coming soon).
  • My contribution to the makerspaces in my buildings and this rapidly growing movement (be looking for posts that include product reviews, tips for a successful makerspace, and tutorials to create unique maker kits for students to build).  
  • Invite guest bloggers to contribute entries regarding their passions and strengths.

If you read my blog, sincerest thank you for your support over the past year.  Please stick around for another exciting year of celebrating elementary libraries and children’s literature.  Here’s to one year down and many more years to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment